If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite salads that I wrap in lettuce leaves, heap over quinoa or pile on good bread for a great sandwich. It is an appetizer, a first course or a tasty lunch. The dried fruits add a special tangy flavor and the fresh green scallions , cilantro and toasted cashews add nice crunch. —dymnyno
Makes about 3 cups
- 16 ounces roasted chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel pollen
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 2 ounces dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces cashews, toasted and cooled
- Roast chicken breasts, cool and cube.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, minced garlic and minced ginger together. Add lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Add all the spices and the scallions and coriander and toasted cashews.
- Add the cubed chicken and dried apricots and cherries and fold all ingredients together.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit