If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wei Kitchen's Spicy Shallot Oil can be used in so many ways, but one of our favorite uses is for roasting vegetables. Here, we used this spicy Vietnamese staple to roast brussel sprouts, and finished the dish with some crispy bacon.
Wei Kitchen's Spicy Shallot Oil can be purchased here: www.stockedgeneralstore.com —Krista Nelson
- 1.5 pounds brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons spicy shallot oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 pieces bacon, cooked to your liking
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash your brussels sprouts and let dry. Cut off the ends, and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Cut each sprout in half.
- Toss the brussels sprouts, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix to coat all of the sprouts. Pour onto a baking sheet in an even layer and roast for 30-40 minutes, flipping half way through. They are done when crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- While the brussels sprouts are cooking, chop your bacon into small pieces. When they are done, sprinkle the bacon over the brussels sprouts. Serve and enjoy!