Author Notes: I cobbled this together for a party when I decided I needed a little something extra and pretty much all I had left in the fridge was a bag of mini carrots. It's particularly good with lavash chips (lavash cut into strips and toasted). Every time I make this I have people asking for the recipe. —solmstea
Makes 2ish cups
- 1 pound or 1 bunch Carrots, peeled and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Brown rice vinegar
- 1 dash Sesame oil or to taste
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1.5 teaspoons Whole toasted cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne or 1 teaspoon Harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ginger, grated
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Some extra olive oil and cumin for drizzling on top
- Boil the chopped carrots in lightly salted water until tender. Drain and mash. I usually do it with a fork but you can use a food processor for a finer texture.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with toasted cumin and drizzled with olive oil. Serve.