If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup black rice
- 1/2 cup black sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 2.5-3 cups water
- Diced or sliced vegetables
- Rinse and soak rice for 3-4 hours, drain, save soaking water and make to 2.5 cup liquid. Place soaked rice, black sesame seeds, ground cumin and salt in high power blender, add about 2 cups of liquid and blend, adding more liquid as needed, you want little bit ticker than pancake batter
- Transfer it to a container and cover with clean kitchen towel, live on counter for 6 hours or overnight. It is ready to go in the morning. It will keep 2-3 days in the fridge.
- For toppings, any vegetables will work; I used red pepper, green onion, shallot, cilantro and hot chili. Heat the frying pan on high heat, add 1/2 tsp oil and swirl, place ½ cup batter and spread with the back of the spoon or ladle in to pancake shape. Sprinkle with chopped vegetables, turn heat to medium, cover and cook 3 minutes, flip over and cook uncover another 3 minutes. Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame