If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pork rolled around a filling of mushrooms, olives, sun dried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, parsley and garlic. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large Portabella mushroom, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (can use regular breadcrumbs too)
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl and mix in sun dried tomatoes, olives, breadcrumbs, and parsley. Stir well and set aside.
- Lay your pork loin flat on a large cutting board. Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly the loin---cut along the length of the meat without cutting all the way through so you can open it up like a book. Cover with plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound pork until it's about ½ an inch thick. Discard plastic wrap.
- Season butterflied pork with salt and pepper, then scoop vegetable mixture into the center of the loin, staying about ½-1 inch away from the sides. Gently roll your roulade shut, leaving the seam side down. Using kitchen twine, truss the roulade every 2 inches or so, tucking the strings in on the ends.
- Heat remaining olive oil in saucepan over medium high heat. Add roulade, cut side down, and sear for about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer roulade to baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until pork is cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before removing twine and cutting into 2 inch pieces.