Author Notes: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salads... healthy, delicious, and done in no time! —mtlabor
small French baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
garlic cloves, 1 whole and 2 pressed
salt and pepper to taste
skinless and boneless chicken thighs, pounded thin
juice from 1 lemon
teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 to 1
cups Parmesan cheese, grated
ounces Romaine lettuce, chopped
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- To make your croutons, rub the whole garlic clove on all sides of the sliced baguette. Cut the slices into desired sized cubes and place on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss the cubes well in the olive oil. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until toasted. Let cool.
- Preheat a charcoal grill under high heat. Rub chicken with about 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on how thin/thick they are. Let cool on plate.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pressed garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Mix until smooth and add in lettuce and croutons. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss until everything is well coated.
- Pile salad onto plates. Slice chicken thighs and serve on top of salad. Top with remaining cheese and dig in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Caesar Salad