Author Notes: Three ingredients with the help of a little salt, olive oil and one skillet join together to deliver a sweet and savory bite of spring that melts in your mouth. —TasteFood
Extra-virgin olive oil
1/2" slices baguette
ramps, ends trimmed, leaves trimmed and reserved
ball buffalo mozzarella (approx. 6 ounces) room temperature, cut in half, each half cut in 4 slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Arrange baguette slices in one layer. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add ramps; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Sauté until golden brown and soft. Remove from heat. Slice ramps in half lengthwise.
- Take 4 reserved ramp leaves and stack on top of one another. Roll up lengthwise. Cut horizontally in thin strips.
- To assemble arrange crostini on platter. Arrange slice of mozzarella on crostini. Top with ramps. Garnish with ramp leaf chiffonade. Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ramps