If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe also goes over well in a vegetarian version made with spicy tofu instead of chicken! —mollyjustine
Makes 8 medium tacos
medium chicken breasts, sliced
gala apples, peeled and sliced
handful fresh cilantro
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoon olive oil
additional salt and pepper for seasoning
- Begin by boiling pared artichokes in salted water. Begin by dropping in the largest first and ending with the smallest. As the water comes to a boil after the artichokes are added, remove and let cool.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, begin cooking sliced chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper in heated olive oil. As the chicken begins to cook, slice the artichokes into 1/2-inch slices.
- After the chicken is cooked, add artichokes, diced apples, and sea salt and cook over medium heat. Cook until the artichokes begin to brown slightly along the edges and the apples begin to carmelize. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large pan, steam the corn tortillas. Add 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the pan, add aluminum foil balls to hold the tortillas over the water. Heat the water to a boil, add the tortillas and cover, while lowering the temperature. Let steam for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the tortillas are done, fill with the chicken-artichoke-apple combination, garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Artichoke Recipe