If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this fish borsht after my community-supported fish share delivered with four redfish (ocean perch). The recipe was adapted from from Alan Davidson's North Atlantic Seafood. —pas
tablespoons sour cream
dashes salt and pepper
splashes pickled borsht
- Saute onions, carrots, parsley root, and lovage in a stock pot.
- Boil beets separately, drain beet water into stock pot.
- Add gutted, cleaned, scaled redfish. (Removing the eyeballs may make the soup less gelatinous)
- Cover pot and cook 20 minutes.
- Take the pot off the fire. Take the whole fish out and let them cool.
- Discard fish skin and bones. Cut flesh into small pieces.
- Add chives, dill, parsley, and leftover borsht to soup (or substitute lemon or pickle juice).
- Chill soup.
- Place fish piece in soup bowls. Serve soup in a tureen with a side of sour cream.