Author Notes: This recipe is from our forthcoming book "Cooking with the Movies: Meals on Reels." It is part of the meal in the film "Big Night." —Anthony Chiffolo
- 2 white Belgian endive
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- smoked salmon, broken into pieces
- Separate the endive leaves and wash them thoroughly. Trim off any brown or faded pieces.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto each endive leaf.
- Arrange in a fancy circle, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salmon