If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 250 milliliters whole milk
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 95 grams mild honey
- 4 crushed cardamon pods
- 2 strips of orange zest
- 2 anise stars
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams pistachio baklava
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 50ml while milk, leave to rest.
- In a small saucepan combine the heavy cream and the leftover whole milk, orange zest, cardamon, anise stars, seeds of 1/2 vanilla pod and a pinch of salt, bring to boil, take off heat, cover and leave to steep for 45min.
- Sieve the mixture, discarding the spices. Return the liquid into the saucepan, add some type of mild floral honey, bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook on medium constantly stirring until thickened. Take off heat, add the cream cheese, stir until smooth. Cool to room temp and transfer into the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions adding the chopped pistachio baklava (preferably homemade or very good quality store-bought) at the last couple of minutes of churning. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 4 hours until set or spoon right away.