If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 3 oz. sushi-grade yellowfin tuna steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces haricot verts, trimmed
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet under medium high heat. Season tuna with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. If you want a nice medium rare, I'd go a little under 2 minutes. As you can see from the picture above, I went a little over and got a small margin of rarity. Let tuna rest on cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the haricots verts to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, lime zest, garlic, and wasabi. You may have to add a little water also if there's not enough liquid. Add mixture to the haricot verts, along with the scallions.
- Thinly slice tuna and serve with haricot verts. Top with black sesame seeds!