Author Notes: I picked up some bright organic baby bok choy from my local farmer's market for this nourishing side dish. —newRDcook
bunches baby bok choy
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoon ground ginger
cup dry white wine (or water or chicken broth)
salt and pepper to taste
In This Recipe
- Start by trimming the stem off, just the end, to ensure that the bok choy cooks evenly. Separate out the leaves, keep the tender center intact and clean under running water. Drain.
- Finely mince garlic. Heat olive oil in wok or frying pan. Add garlic and ginger to heated pan.
- Turn the heat to medium-high. Let the ginger and garlic gently sizzle in the oil. When the aromatics become fragrant and light golden brown, add the bok choy leaves.
- Toss very well to coat each leaf with the flavored oil for approximately 15 seconds.
- Pour in broth, water or wine. Immediately cover and let cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.