Author Notes: This can be a great side or even a vegetarian main course. Simmering the greens in wine, vinegar and maple syrup until the liquid is absorbed gives them a nice texture and a deep flavor. —clintonhillbilly
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1 handful pecans
- 2 good shakes crushed red pepper
- salt to taste
- Sautee ginger and onion in olive oil until soft.
- Add red wine, balsamic, maple syrup, crushed pepper, chopped chard. Toss until chard is covered.
- Cover pot and simmer 5 minutes, then uncover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add white beans, pecans. Season to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side