Author Notes: A rich French Toast Casserole that is perfect for weekend guests and can be made the night before so all you have to do is put it in the oven while you converse over coffee. —Nestingproject
Loaf of French Bread
pound unsalted butter
cup brown sugar
cups half and half
- Cut the French Loaf into cubes.
- In a saucepan melt the butter with the honey and brown sugar over moderate heat until smooth. About 10 minutes. Pour into 13 x 9 glass dish
- Add the bread on top of the brown sugar mixture.
- Mix the eggs and half and half together with the Cointreau and pour on top of the bread. Chill overnight.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and bring casserole to room temperature.Bake the casserold for 35 - 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best French Toast