Author Notes: My mom has always been the best and making great summer salads and inspiring me to create them as well. This is a take on one of my favorite green bean salads from childhood. - MadisonMayberry —MadisonMayberry
Food52 Review: MadisonMayberry's super delicious salad is very simple and perfect for a picnic. The blanched beans are perfectly cooked and well matched with the crunchy toasted nuts and the punch of the raw onions. A final sprinkling of dill is the perfect touch for summer. - Stephanie —The Editors
cup chopped pecans
pounds green beans, trimmed
medium onion, chopped
cup olive oil
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
teaspoon fresh dill
teaspoons kosher salt
teaspoon black pepper
- *Preheat oven to 350*F.
- *Place pecans on a baking pan or oven-going baking dish and toast in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Set aside.
- *Place green beans in a large saucepan and add enough water to come about halfway up the green beans. Bring to boiling and cook 5 minutes, or until green beans are crisp-tender, meaning they still have some crunch to them, but are pleasantly tender. Drain beans and place in a large bowl.
- *Add the toasted pecans and chopped onions to the bowl. *In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper.
- *Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the green beans and toss to coat. Serve immediately at room temperature, or refrigerate up to a day and serve chilled.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best String Bean Salad