If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A moist and delicious apple yogurt loaf made with whole wheat and minimal fat! I love making mini loaves for easy sharing, but this recipe can also be used in a regular loaf pan. This loaf tastes better after thoroughly cooled or the next day. —Josephine C
Makes 2 mini loaves/1 regular loaf
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar (turbinado or granulated)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 small apples (golden delicious recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients (eggs, oil, yogurt, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla extract).
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, salt).
- Fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then gently fold in a portion of the apples (save some slices for topping). Top the remaining slices on top of the loaf, then sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 350 degrees for about 35 minutes for mini loaves (60-70 minutes for a regular loaf), or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely and serve! I recommend serving it after a few hours or the next day, since the cake can be too moist at first.