If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making leftovers into a great meal, and this one was no exception. Using the remainder of a meal of roast chicken, adding broccoli and a few other things in the fridge along with some colorful and tasty royal blend rice, this concoction was one for the books! I also used some fresh jicama instead of waterchestnuts - why? Because that's what I had and that's how I roll! From my cookbook and to yours! —vivisue
- 4 servings of cooked rice (I used royal blend)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup jicama, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, rough chopped
- 4-5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 15 abola peppers
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Heat oil on high in wok or large cast iron skillet. Add mushrooms first and allow for most of the water that forms to cook out. Then add remaining ingredients except for chicken. Stir constantly. When about done, broccoli should be a bright green and still be somewhat crunchy.
- When vegetables are almost done, add chicken and cook until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve stir fry over rice and enjoy!