If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I began making these a long time ago when my son and daughter were little--it's an easy and fun recipe to make with kids helping. This version is my own, thus 'Imah' (Hebrew for 'mother') and I adore just about anything with coconut! You can really use any kind of nuts, but we love pecans, being from the South--chopped walnuts are also good, or if you want to go REALLY "tropical", try chopped macadamias! —BeijingRose
- 2 cans jumbo honey-butter biscuits (10 count)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 TBSP ginger
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1-1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pop open canned biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Have the sugar, cinnamon and ginger ready in a deep bowl. Dredge the biscuit pieces (about 6 at time) in the mix and drop into long baking dish (lined with parchment paper which as been sprayed with PAM, OR just be sure and spray the pan itself with PAM). DO NOT PRESS the biscuits--just drop them in the pan loosely.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Sprinkle biscuit pieces with coconut and chopped pecan pieces.
- Pour the sugar mix into a small saucepan with the butter and heat on medium--as soon as it starts to boil take it off the heat and drizzle topping over the biscuits. Bake on 350 for 30 min. Best served warm!