If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The "green" base was inspired by a traditional pesto for pasta. Leftover pesto from the pasta dinner combined with eggs, parmesan and spinach became a whole new breakfast recipe the next morning. —MangoTango
- 8 Eggs
- 8 handfuls Washed Spinach (stalks trimmed)
- 3 pinches Coarse Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 handful Parsley
- 1 handful Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 1 shot Milk
- Combine olive oil, garlic, pepper, sea salt, parsley, pine nuts and spinach in a food processor and blend well (can also use a handheld blender).
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Add the spinach pesto mixture to the bowl with the eggs and beat together.
- Pour mixture into pan with a drop of heated olive oil.
- Stir the eggs until cooked into a scramble.
- Divide the eggs onto each plate and top with parmesan cheese, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with thick, buttered, multigrain toast and some fresh fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs