If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summer has finally come to MA! These flavors taste like summer to me and this was one of the favorite quick lunches my mom would make on hot July weekends growing up. It's the perfect antidote to leftover bread. —student epicure
Makes 1 serving
- 2 thick slices crusty white bread, like ciabatta (I had just scant 1 1/3 c. bread cubes)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 6 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Toast bread. Rub each side generously with the garlic clove then cut into large bite-size cubes. Toss with tomato, cucumber, and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic (I ended up using about 2 T oil and 1 T balsamic). Season with salt and pepper. Eat immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe