If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lemon is the star of this meal. The marinade is for the chicken and to brush on the bread when grilling. I make this meal for picnics, Sunday afternoons, etc. It is just so refreshing. I have made it with marinaded vegetables instead of chicken for Meatless Mondays. You can shape the bread to be thin and crispy or thicker with a bit of a pull to it. Oblong or round... it is your preference. The feta dressing gives it that extra tang and creaminess. - MyCommunalTable —MyCommunalTable
Food52 Review: We loved everything about this dish! The marinade was indeed lemony, which pleased me, and the feta dressing really brought it all together. (I substituted avocado oil for the sesame since I only had toasted sesame oil which didn't seem to fit the Greek influence!) We frequently grill pizza so no surprises there, but loved the technique of indenting the fresh thyme leaves into the soft dough. We ate these "open-faced" with a green salad that included radishes and cucumbers. We'll be sure to make this often. Fantastic! - Amber Olsen —The Editors
Grilled Lemon Chicken on Grilled Thyme Bread
tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
cup olive oil
gloves garlic, chopped
salt & pepper, to taste
handful of fresh thyme
chicken breasts, pounded down slightly or thinly sliced
pound pizza dough
- Mix up marinade in a jar with lid: Lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, s&p, and shake well.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and cover with marinade. Leaving about 1/3 of marinade to brush on bread later. Then place thyme in chicken dish and toss well.
- Pizza dough is at room temperature and grill or grill pan is set on medium. Form bread rounds to your desired thickness and shape. Brush one side with marinade. Place marinaded side on the grill.
- When bread is cooking on the first side, brush top side with marinade and then place thyme leaves all over the top of the bread. Push the leaves into the bread slightly.
- Flip the bread over on the other side when it has reached desired crispness. Grill second side and then pull off grill. Finish all the bread. Set aside.
- Grill the marinading chicken until cooked through on both sides. Pull off heat
- Assemble sandwich as desired and top with Feta dressing. (recipe below)
- Condiment suggestions: cucumber, green onions, radish and/or any grilled vegetable (of course, use the lemon marinade on veggies)
ounce feta cheese, crumbled
tablespoons greek yogurt
teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
s&p, to taste
sesame oil, a few drops
- Mix together and served chilled.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Lemon, Thyme and a Grill