If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Luscious chocolate-y brownies that make healthy eating easy! —Megan Olson
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, ~2 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup almond or hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter for swirl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare an 8x11 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats in food processor or blender and process until ground.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Next add zucchini, cocoa powder, ground oats, baking soda, espresso powder and salt and mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. With a toothpick swirl in the 2 tbsp of almond butter into the batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted into middle of the brownies and comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan 30 minutes prior to slicing into 12 brownies and devouring!