If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother made this recipe all throughout my teen years, then when I moved away on special visits. The sauce is so good you will want to drink it. —TravelEatLove
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/2 cup ouzo or sambuca
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups pasta of your choice
- Sautee the tomatoes and dill in the olive oil for just about a minute.
- Gently lay the shrimp into the pan so that each is fully exposed to the bottom of the pan. Cook until pink on one side, then flip over.
- Drizzle the ouzo or sambuca over the shrimp, and cook until the shrimp are pink on the other side.
- Slowly pour cream in, stirring gently to combine the ingredients. Increase the heat a little so that everything is simmering. Once the sauce is hot and the shrimp are cooked through, add the cooked pasta directly to the sauce and stir.