Author Notes: Living in Southern California has afforded me many luxuries, including a year round garden. Growing up in upstate New York, this thought was a mere apparition for many years. As part of a "Porch to Plate" series of posts, featuring at least three items coming from our teeny but prolific patio garden, this recipe was born. —Socalsustenance
cup couscous, prepared
teaspoon olive oil
clove garlic, minced
cup summer squash, diced
tablespoon fresh scallions, chopped
- Prepare couscous as instructed, and chill in refrigerator.
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute diced squash and garlic in olive oil for 4-5 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add squash mixture to chilled prepared couscous, and season with salt and pepper.
- Return couscous mixture to refrigerator to chill for 20-25 minutes.
- Slice washed cucumbers into 3/4" inch rounds
- Scoop out seeded center area through 2/3 of the thickness of a slice
- Heap rounded teaspoons of chilled couscous mixture atop the cucumber rounds.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, chill and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe