Author Notes: This sherbet is cool as a cucumber (sorry, couldn't resist), takes very little time to make, and is much more delicious than I expected! I was inspired to make a frozen dessert featuring cucumbers after seeing drbabs recipe for cucumber mint ice cream, and I'm calling this a sherbet because it's got a little dairy in it...you can leave the creme fraiche out and have sorbet instead (but I like how the creme fraiche balances the honey). - WinnieAb —WinnieAb
Food52 Review: This sweet treat defies everything you thought you knew about cucumber. Packed with the refreshing quality of cucumber, the sherbet has just a little interesting zip and a whisper of something creamy and rich from the crème fraiche. Cucumber Sherbet is a unique way to serve cucumber and very easy. - biffbourgeois —Stephanie Bourgeois
English cucumbers (peeling them is optional), coarsely chopped
juice of 2 limes
cup creme fraiche
- Put all ingredients in your blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and proceed according to manufacturer's instructions. After 30 minutes in my machine, this had a nice granita-like texture. Place in freezer overnight if you want it to be firmer.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe