If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This homemade roasted tomato soup is great for both kids and adults! —Jen Pinkston
- 5 Large Tomatoes
- 6-7 Basil Leaves
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Water or Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- pinches Dried Basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, cut the tomatoes into circles. Put them in a bowl and add all the tomato rub ingredients. Mix well.
- Now arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet. Add whole garlic cloves. Roast the tomatoes at 350 F for 20 minutes. Once done, take them out of the oven and let them rest at the room temperature for few minutes.
- Next, add the roasted tomatoes to the food processor along with half of the basil leaves. Puree, then set aside.
- In a saucepan heat butter and add roasted cumin seeds, then add the remaining chopped basil leaves. Next add the tomato puree, (make sure the heat is on low). Let it simmer for a minute or so. Then add the tomato ketchup, sugar, and water. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper too.
- Once the soup comes to a boil, add the heavy cream and cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Pour soup into the serving bowl, garnish with cream and serve warm.