Author Notes: Let me just say, I know this isn't the sort of recipe you have never heard of before. The truth is, as I have told you before, I need ways to use up some of the tomatoes I grew this summer. I like this at lunch with other traditional summer dishes - like potato salad. You can also serve it at dinner as a side dish though. Of course, it is a wonderful and quick thing to bring to a backyard bar-b-que too. Nothing flashy. Nothing new. Nothing revolutionary. Just a simple recipe. Enjoy! —cooking4carnivores
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper,
tablespoons red wine vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
small red onion (optional)
- To make this dish, which helps you cling to summer a bit longer, simply slice a few medium tomatoes and a large cucumber.
- Toss them in a large bowl with kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place them in a shallow dish, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes to let the flavors soak in and chill the veggies.
- You can also add in a little onion sliced thin if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe