Author Notes: Mojitos are refreshing summer drinks, and cucumbers are refreshing summer snacks, so why not combine them into one? A good mandolin is important so you can get even and paper-thin slices of cucumber. And don't throw out the juice that comes out of the cucumber - mix it with a little gin or more rum for a tasty cocktail. —Cave Cibum
- 1 English cucumber (or two smaller cucumbers)
- 30 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white rum (or 1 nip bottle)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut cucumber into thin slices (a mandolin is helpful to achieve even slices). Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine mint leaves, sugar, rum, rice wine vinegar, lime zest, lime juice, chopped ginger, and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth, 20-30 seconds.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers and mix until cucumbers are well coated. Refrigerate for at least one hour for flavors to meld.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe