Author Notes: If you are looking to turn traditional waffles into a grain free paleo treat, this recipe made with coconut flour is for you!
I created this one on a hot Sunday morning in Laguna Beach, when I was setting up a quick home made brunch that was healthier that the waffles you get when you eat out in a restaurant.
I feel like making your own food is always the best option to maintain your healthy eating habit, so most of the time I prefer to eat at home and only grab a drink when I am out. —Ambra Torelli
For the Grain Free Waffles
grams Cassava Flour
grams Arrowroot Flour
grams Coconut Flour
grams Tigernut Protein Mix
grams Banana (1 small banana)
grams Coconut Milk
grams Orange Juice (juice of 1/2 orange)
grams Maple Syrup
grams (1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda)
grams Apple Cider Vinegar
For the Toppings
tablespoons shredded Coconut Flakes
grams shaved 100% Dark Chocolate
- Turn on your Waffle machine.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine banana, coconut milk, orange juice and water in a blender and process until you get a smooth liquid.
- Pour the liquid over the flour mix, add in the maple syrup and mix well.
- Lastly, add in the baking soda and the apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Pour half the batter in the waffle machine and when you first grain free waffle is ready, cook the second one with the remaining batter.
- Top each waffle with some diced papaya, dried figs, shredded coconut and shaved dark chocolate and enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts