Author Notes: I LOVE fresh figs, but they are only available for a short time, so while they are around, you should definitely give this dish a try.
piece fresh Mozzarella
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
teaspoons balsamic vinager
pinch salt & pepper to taste
cup chopped walnuts
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Once you’ve cut an "x" shape on each fig, gently stuff it with a piece of mozzarella.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, in a hot skillet, toast walnuts for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When figs come out, top with toasted walnuts and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella