If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potato salad is a summer staple at our house. The fresh mozzarella is a perfect complement to the mushrooms and new potatoes in this version I created. I make it early in the day to serve with grilled burgers or barbecue in the evening. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper may be added for heat if desired.
teaspoon kosher salt
pounds small new red potatoes in jackets
cups sliced small white button mushrooms
cup seeded and diced red bell pepper
cup thinly sliced green onions
ounces fresh mozzarella, drained and diced
cup extra virgin olive oil
cup white balsamic vinegar
teaspoon granulated sugar
teaspoon seasoned salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a 3 quart saucepan, bring water, salt, and potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Quarter potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, and mozzarella. Toss gently.
- Shake remaining ingredients together in a small jar. Pour over salad mixture. Toss gently.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours before serving. Garnish as desired. Serves 6.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella