If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Those tender tops of the sugar snap pea plant are a welcome sign of the growing season ahead. I partnered these with spinach which is also available locally, the Spring version is called "frost kissed" which brings out it's sweetness. The crispy base is from the grilled naan bread. Next comes the layer of ricotta cheese flavored with lemon zest, the pea shoot and spinach pesto is the last layer that brings the essence of Spring to this recipe. This has been adapted from a recipe from goop.com —Liz | inspired by the seasons
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
For the Pesto
cup Fresh Spinach, any large stems removed
cup Pea Shoots, stems and leaves
cup Pine nuts
Green onions, chopped
tablespoons Grated Manchego or Parmesan cheese
cup Olive Oil
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles a course meal.
- Slowly add olive oil and process until smooth consistency is achieved
Ricotta layer & Grilled Flatbread
cup Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
teaspoon Grated Lemon Zest
Flat Bread, approx. 12" in diameter
- In a small bowl whip ricotta cheese and lemon zest together with a hand mixer for 2 minutes
- Grill Flat bread for 3-4 minutes per side at a high heat.
- To assemble: Spread ricotta cheese on top of flat bread and follow with pesto. Use a pizza cutter to slice, serve immediately