Author Notes: I got the inspiration of this dish from strawberry shortcake. I had had some strawberry shortcake left over before but it was getting too dry, so I just decided to make breadpudding adding some lemon juice and syrup. Now, I used rhubarb and fresh mozzarella cheese to make rhubarb breadpudding with balsamic reduction instead of using strawberry and cream. – Yoonjoo Lee
• 1/4 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
• 1/4 stalk of rhubarb, diced
• 2 slices of whole wheat bread, diced & toasted
• 4-5 basil leaves, chopped and 2 leaves for garnish
• 2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 table spoon red wine vinegar
• 1 table spoon honey (or sugar)
• Freshly ground pepper
• Olive oil
- Combine balsamic & red wine vinegar with honey and bring it to a boil.
- Add diced rhubarb into the sauce pan and simmer it.
- Meanwhile toast the bread with little bit of olive oil.
- Combine rhubarb mixture and toasted bread with chopped basil seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Assemble rhubarb & bread mixture on the plate and put mozzarella cubes on the top of breadpudding.
- Sprinkle with little bit of fresh ground pepper.
- Garnish with basil leaves on top of the mozzarella and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella