If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sweet potato banana pancake & strawberry glaze recipe was inspired by my need for quick recipes. For the past two weeks I’ve been busy, but to continue eating wholesome food I’ve been cooking quick breakfast recipes. Breakfast is quick to whip up and tastes even better for dinner. Since there is a growing popularity in gluten free recipes, I decided to put my own twist on the popular banana pancake recipe. My version features half of a leftover baked sweet potato and a homemade strawberry glaze sweetened with maple syrup. If you bake sweet potatoes this week, remember to save half of one for these deliciously light & nutritious sweet potato banana pancakes. Local produce is abundant at the Farmer’s Market this season & the local organic strawberries from Go Local Produce were the perfect topping for my pancakes. The strawberry glaze is so easy to make, but tastes like a fancy glaze at a five star restaurant. It’s so good that you will be putting this strawberry glaze on everything! If you manage to have left overs try it on plain yogurt, coconut ice-cream, & even cakes as a naturally sweet sauce. —rosy alexander
- 2 cups Strawberries (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Ool
- 1/2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
Sweet Potato Banana Pancake
- 1/2 Baked Sweet Potato
- 1 Ripe Banana (mashed)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (for cooking)
- 2-3 tablespoons Coconut Milk (if needed)
- Place all the ingredients in an oven safe dish & bake at 375 for about 10-12 minutes. It can bake while you prep & cook the pancakes. Remove from oven & let cool for a few minutes.
- Mash bananas & sweet potato in a mixing bowl with the back of a fork. Add eggs, maple syrup, & coconut milk to the mixture & whisk to incorporate. Combine oat flour, cinnamon & baking powder to the bowl & whisk again to incorporate. Melt 1/2 tbsp coconut oil On a large non stick pan or pancake griddle, drop 1/4 cup batter & cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve with a drizzle of the strawberry glaze & plain yogurt as a topping.