If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich creamy mushroom soup with fluffy egg whites with purslane floating on top.. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 400 grams Champignon mushrooms
- 20 grams Dried Chanterelles
- 1 Large Onion
- 200 milliliters Chicken Stock
- 50 milliliters White Wine
- 150 milliliters Cream
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 pinch Salt
- 20-30 pieces Purslane Leaves
- Put your dried Chanterelles in hot water and let them soak for 15-20 minutes. Squeeze excess water. (you can add the juice from the mushroom )
- İn a pan add your butter and diced onions and salt and sweat in low medium heat.
- Add your thinly sliced mushrooms and chanterelles and simmer for 5 minutes. Add nutmeg,turmeric and white wine. Reduce.
- Add your chicken stock and simmer until mushrooms are cooked. Use a blender , sieve the mixture, put back on the stove and add cream. Adjust seasoning. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Clean and gently dry purslane leaves. Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt. When firm fold in the purslane leaves. Shape as quenelles and gently cook in a large pot with water at 80 C till both sides are cooked.