Author Notes: “Mercola.com reader Meg Brock shares her Real Food Cookies recipe, which doesn’t use sugar and flour.”
You can find the original recipe at http://recipes.mercola.com/real-food-cookies-recipe.aspx
First time reading the recipe I know I have to tray; from the ingredients list I didn’t have cashew butter so peanut butter was my next choice and chocolate chips were my add-in. The second time was Tahini; dry apricots and dry current are my add-ins, some plain I sprinkled with black sesame seeds.
This time I went for a half recipe with almond butter and dry figs are my add-in.
Makes: 23 cookies
cup mashed sweet potatoes, cooked
large ripe banana
teaspoon pure vanilla
cup dry figs, chopped
cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (Original recipe call for 400 degrees F, but my oven is acting up so for me was 350 but you know your oven best).
- Put all of your ingredients except for any add-ins(chopped figs) into a food processor. Process it on high until the batter is smooth; scoop some and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet for plain cookies.
- In the rest of batter stir dry chopped figs.
- Leave about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake them for 13- 15minutes. You want them to be golden brown.