If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: “Mercola.com reader Meg Brock shares her Real Food Cookies recipe, which doesn’t use sugar and flour.”
You can find the original recipe at http://recipes.mercola...
First time reading the recipe I know I have to tray; from the ingredients list I didn’t have cashew butter so peanut butter was my next choice and chocolate chips were my add-in. The second time was Tahini; dry apricots and dry current are my add-ins, some plain I sprinkled with black sesame seeds.
This time I went for a half recipe with almond butter and dry figs are my add-in.
Makes: 23 cookies
cup mashed sweet potatoes, cooked
large ripe banana
teaspoon pure vanilla
cup dry figs, chopped
cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (Original recipe call for 400 degrees F, but my oven is acting up so for me was 350 but you know your oven best).
- Put all of your ingredients except for any add-ins(chopped figs) into a food processor. Process it on high until the batter is smooth; scoop some and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet for plain cookies.
- In the rest of batter stir dry chopped figs.
- Leave about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake them for 13- 15minutes. You want them to be golden brown.