If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: La-Kama is usually a blend of five spices; cinnamon, peppercorns, turmeric, ginger and nutmeg.
You can find recipe to make La Kama spice mix at
- 1 small (20 oz) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced (1.5 cups)
- 4 cups homemade vegetable broth or stock
- 1 teaspoon La Kama Moroccan spice
- 10-12 saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (increase salt if you are using stock)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, add garlic, when you can smell garlic add vegetable broth, cauliflower, dice potatoes, La-Kama, saffron threads and salt
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and pure in batches, adjust seasoning, reheat and serve with spicy red roasted peppers oil (optional).