Author Notes: I am ramp crazy. Every spring I seek them out and jump for joy when I find them in the store. I try to use them different ways, and they really were the star of this frittata. It is gluten free and so easy to prepare on busy weeknights for a quick dinner. —Laura Dembowski
tablespoons olive oil
pound ramps, cleaned, bulbs and leaves separated
cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced or quartered
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once warm add the olive oil, followed by the ramp bulbs and mushrooms. Sauté, stirring frequently until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ramps leaves and sauté an additional minute or two. Evenly distribute the ingredients in the skillet. Whisk the eggs until well mixed and frothy and add the eggs to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on the stovetop until the eggs are beginning to set. Move them around the skillet as though you are making an omelet, scraping the cooked bits, and allowing the liquid egg to fill in the holes.
- Once the eggs are about halfway cooked, place in the broiler for 1 minute. Check doneness. Continue cooking under the broiler, checking at least every 30 seconds, until cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers may be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Serve cold or warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner