Author Notes: Healthy Lemon Lavender Cookies are perfect for warm weather! Packed with citrus, these Vegan & GF cookies are light, refreshing and subtly sweet. —Megan Olson
cup Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
cup coconut sugar
tablespoon dried lavender, finely chopped
cup coconut oil, melted
cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with a slipsheet or parchment paper or use a nonstick baking sheet.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, blend together coconut oil, coconut sugar, salt, lemon juice and lavender. Slowly fold flour into the batter by hand to combine. Do not over combine.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the batter onto the baking sheet. Pat the dough down to form the batter into the shape of a cookie as these will not flatten or rise when they bake. Sprinkle lemon zest over the cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 8-10 minutes until they are slightly golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer cookies from the baking sheet using a spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Devour or keep up to two weeks in the refrigerator!