If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With a blend of cucumber and kiwi juice, a jalapeño infused tequila and a sweet-salty chili lime rim, this margarita will blow your mind!
—garlic and zest
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 2 kiwi, peeled
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups reposada tequila
- 1 jalapeno, quartered
- 1 tablespoon tajin
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Slice of lime, optional
- Slice of cucumber, optional
- Slice of kiwi, optional
- In a blender, combine the cucumber, kiwi, agave and lime juice. Blend on high until mixture is completely smooth. Place a fine mesh sieve over a glass measuring cup or bowl and pour the cucumber mixture through the sieve. Use a spoon to mash down on the solids to extract every bit of juice from the pulp. You should have about 2 cups of juice. Cover and chill.
- In a glass jar add the jalapeño and cover with reposado tequila. Cover and refrigerate until chilled 2-4 hours, the longer it steeps the spicier it gets.
- Combine the tajin, salt and sugar in a shallow bowl. Add water to another shallow bowl and dip the rims of your glasses first in the water and then into the tajin mixture to rim the glass.
- To a cocktail shaker, add ice, 3 ounces of tequila and 2 ounces of juice. Shake well and pour into glasses with a little ice. Garnish.