Author Notes: An old family recipe that transforms yellow summer squash into tender, creamy yet light goodness! - earthlyepicurean —earthlyepicurean
Food52 Review: This is the ultimate warm-weather comfort food: an uncomplicated dish one can imagine has been prepared for several generations, because everyone loves it and couldn’t imagine a summer family gathering without it. It's remarkably light and tasty. We topped it with fresh whole-grain bread crumbs, a nice touch which I recommend. All four taste testers enjoyed this, unanimously recommending it for EP honors - AntoniaJames —The Editors
yellow summer squash
tablespoons sour cream
pinches salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash into 1-2" chunks. Cover halfway with water. Boil, drain, and mash squash.
- Add eggs, sugar, butter, and sour cream to mashed squash. Season well to taste.
- Pour into 6-8" baking dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe