If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, crisp spring salad for lovers of all things salty. This recipe can be played up in a number of different ways. Sprinkle parsley on top, or use smoked salmon. I also think it would be wonderful with a poached egg over toast. —onetinyspark
Asparagus stalks, shaved
Fennel stalks, shaved
tablespoon Olive oil
tablespoon Champagne vinegar
teaspoon Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
Smoked trout pieces
- Start by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar and Dijon. Set aside.
- Shave and combine the asparagus and fennel stalks in a bowl.
- Pour the oil/vinegar/Dijon mixture over the vegetable shavings and toss to coat.
- Top the salad with shaved Parmesan, smoked trout, and freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad