Author Notes: A simple, crisp spring salad for lovers of all things salty. This recipe can be played up in a number of different ways. Sprinkle parsley on top, or use smoked salmon. I also think it would be wonderful with a poached egg over toast. —onetinyspark
Asparagus stalks, shaved
Fennel stalks, shaved
tablespoon Olive oil
tablespoon Champagne vinegar
teaspoon Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
Smoked trout pieces
- Start by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar and Dijon. Set aside.
- Shave and combine the asparagus and fennel stalks in a bowl.
- Pour the oil/vinegar/Dijon mixture over the vegetable shavings and toss to coat.
- Top the salad with shaved Parmesan, smoked trout, and freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad