If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This halloumi, herb and shaved vegetable salad is quick and easy to make. Full of fresh flavors and crunch, it's healthy too. A great lunch/side. —carolinescooking
- 1 carrot
- 3 pieces asparagus
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 handful raddicchio
- 1 piece (stem) fresh tarragon
- 4 pieces (stems) fresh parsley
- 3 pieces (slices) halloumi cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel ribbons from the carrot and asparagus until you have used them all. You can leave the tips of the asparagus intact(as I did) or shave them, as you prefer.
- Break up any larger radicchio leaves and arrange them, the arugula (or other greens) on a plate.
- Pull the leaves from the tarragon and parsley and scatter them on top of the greens, followed by the shaved carrot and asparagus.
- Heat a small skillet over a medium-high heat - don't add any oil. Cut the slices of halloumi in half (it often naturally breaks) then when the pan is hot, add them to the pan. They will sizzle/bubble a little at first then dry. Once gently brown - just a minute or two - turn them and cook on the other side.
- Meanwihile whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar for the dressing and drizzle over the greens, herbs and vegetables. Once the halloumi has cooked place the slices on top of the salad and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad