If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: easy peasy vegan slaw —Beverly
Serves depends on you
- 1 tart apple, cored and quartered
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cabbage head, cored, cut into 8ths
- 1 jicama, cut into 8ths
- 1 jalapeno, cored and seeded, cut in 1/2
- 3 carrots, use the peeler or mandolin
- 1/4 cup either red onion or red cabbage
- 1/2 can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 lemon juice, as you like
- 1 pinch salt, more or less to your taste
- 1 pinch pepper, as you like it
- 1 sprig dill. i use 2, but i like it strong
- 1 stalk fennel (sorry almost forgot it) cleaned
- i find it works best if you do one item at a time, but in a hurry I'll throw it all in the food processor, just layered so the tough stuff goes first
- using your slicing or chopping blade, process each item to a size that pleases you and put into a large bowl, except the carrots which you should already have done using a peeler or madolin
- now add avocado, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and dill to the processor and whiz it until its smooth. drizzle over the chopped bits while mixing so each bit is coated. let sit in the fridge for a bit (an hour?) and mix again before serving. if it can't sit, it still works
- sorry about the odd way of recipe-ing, but i usually cook by the seat of the pants method