If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This shaved fennel and asparagus salad combines quinoa, Manchego cheese, red onion, and a zesty lemon dressing. It is super refreshing and makes a great light lunch or side salad. —Emily Wilson
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion
- 1.8 ounces Manchego, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the quinoa with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes, covered. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine asparagus, fennel, onion, and Manchego on a large plate.
- Sprinkle quinoa across the salad.
- Combine ingredients for dressing (lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt, and pepper) and dress salad. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad