If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a Granny smith apples, celery, and raw zucchini salad with orange slivers, toasted pine nuts or toasted sliced almons served on a bed of mesclun green and topped with lemon vinaigrette —Ygael Tresser
- 2 teaspoons lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow dijon (maille or roland) not grey poupon
- 8 teaspoons Virgin olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cracked black pepper
Salad de Verdure
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 Young Zucchinis
- 2 Sticks of celery
- 1 Navel Orange
- 1 teaspoon Toasted pine nuts or toasted sliced Almonds
- Combine the lemon and dijon with salt and pepper, fold in the Virgin Olive Oil
- In a bowl put half the vinaigrette, peel, core the apples and cut them into 6 wedges, slice the apple the width of 2 quarters and add them to the vinaigrette. Make sure you cover the apples with the vinaigrette to prevent from turning brown (oxidation). Cut the tips of the zucchinis and peel them without removing the whole skin; in zebra stripe pattern, cut them in quarters from the bottom down and slice them the same width as the apples, add to the bowl with apples. Peel the Celery and slice it the same width as the Apples and Zucchini, toss all ingredients generously. Peel the orange and remove the rind and any seeds. On a Serving platter or individual plate form a nest with the mesclun, add the Apple, Zucchini, Celery combination, top with a slice or two of oranges, add more vinaigrette as desired and sprinkle some toasted pine nuts and some cracked black pepper
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad