If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A big salad on a pizza…How can you got wrong? —Colleen Stem
- 1 12 0z pizza dough (store bought or home made)
- 10-15 or so stalks of asparagus (about 1/2 a pound)
- 3-4 big radishes
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in water for 1/2)
- 2-1 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8-1/4 cups water
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 First off, prepare your pizza dough or remove it from the fridge to come to room temperature. Strain the water from the cashews and add them to a blender with the peas, the juice of half a lemon, 1/8 cup of water, the nutritionalyeast, and a sprinkle of salt. Blend until smooth. If you need to, add in another splash or two of water to thin it out. Grab your asparagus stalks ans chop off the top crown parts. Take the remaining stalks and peel them. Do this by holding the stalk flat on the counter and while holding to the end, peel the stalk away from you. I(f your asparagus is not super fresh ans had woody ends, use those to hold on to and when done shaving, just toss them into a bag and save for a soup later) Shave each piece until you cant shave any more. Some pieces are going to be super thin, some kinda thick... that's totally cool, it add dimension to the pizza. And now, as thinly as you can, slice the radishes. To assemble pizza- Roll out dough kinda thin and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.(you can bake your dough any way or on any thing that you usually do) Smear a good amount of the cashew pea cream on dough. You will probably have a little left over which you can either water down a little as a drizzle for the done pizza or just save for a sandwich or a veggie dip for later. Topthe smeared dough with all the shaved asparagus and chopped off crowns then layer on the radishes .Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stick into the oven. Bake for 15ish minutes or until your crust golden brown and done to your liking. When you remove the pizza from the oven, feel free to drizzle the remaining cashew pea cream all over and definitelytop with a squeeze of more of fresh lemon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad