If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 large beet
- 1 orange
- handfuls hazelnuts (either already toasted or in need of roasting)
- apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Optional. Cooked quinoa or some other grain and or some greens
- If you hazelnuts are raw, toss them onto a baking sheet ans place them into the oven at 300 for about 6-8 minutes until slightly golden brown and smell so nice. When done remove and if you don't like the skins, place nuts in a clean towel and rub the skins right off. Wash beet(s) and grate, shave, or julienne into a swallow bowl. I don't peel mine, but peel if you must. Add in the juice of the orange, a splash of vinegar and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix around and let sit for at least 5 minutes (the longer the better)
- When you are ready for food, grab a bowl (add anything you want to the bottom, greens, quinoa or what not )and fill that bowl up with the beet salad and top with all the roasted hazelnuts. Grab a fork and eat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad