If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Trying to figure out how I would do the shaved salad recipe contest when my mom brings me two bunches of asparagus! I already had some frozen peas in the freezer so I decided to create a salad with both. —David White
Food52 Review: I think this salad could be great on top of some chopped romaine or even some spinach (or even more shaved asparagus) but on its own, it was a little slim. —Anna Francese Gass
For the Salad
- 1 pound asparagus, any size
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup crushed croutons
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the asparagus and trim the ends. Shave the asparagus and place in a large bowl. Pat shavings dry.
- Place peas in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until bright green and heated through. Drain and pat dry, then add to bowl with asparagus shavings
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make dressing. Add dressing, feta, croutons, and chopped mint to bowl and mix with vegetables, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with more mint and feta if desired, then serve.